Getting better every day!

Lots of changes have happened since last Friday! Friday night when they moved Owain back to NICU. We first got moved from NICU to PICU because they ran out of room in NICU & they send heart babies to PICU after surgery, so it that is just the way they do it. So now he was back in PICU, which is kind of frustrating because there is no privacy, we got used to closing the glass doors & tuning out the rest of the PICU. There was even a bench seat big enough to be a bed & I was able to take naps in the room with him. He had his own room in NICU, but we only had a curtain for privacy & a few uncomfortable chairs with no bed. It made visits even more exhausting.

Since he was moved back to NICU on Friday, he is completely free of all IVs & off the oxygen. He is only taking 2 meds orally & is just about weened off of both of them. I finally got to hold him on Saturday! I get to nurse him while I am there & he is feeding on demand instead of the scheduled feedings that he gets when I am not here. I can’t even begin to explain how happy I am that I get to hold him & nurse him. I still cry just thinking about how good it feels! It is amazing how alert he is now that he is off the pain meds and how much he looks like a little baby again.

They were able to take out his stitches today from where they went into his arteries to try the first cath procedure that didn’t work, along with the stitches from where he had a chest tube after surgery. Every day he gets better & better & closer & closer to coming home.

He is doing well enough that they are moving him out to the Pediatric floor and out of Intensive Care altogether! We still don’t know if we will be getting a private room, or a double room, but it will be much nicer to share the room with only one other baby instead. We also wont have to scrub in to go visit or wait outside of the Unit to be let in. I am just kinda bummed that we had to leave before he was moved.

We have been told that we might be able to take him home with in a few days! It seems like they are really trying to get him out of the hospital. So far he is gaining weight really quickly & they are more than happy with the way that he started nursing really well so quickly. If he keeps doing as well as he has been, then he will be home by Friday! At least that is the rumor with the nurses…

Now I just need to figure out how I am going to pull off getting ready for the Art in the Park show in Staunton this weekend. I just hope that I have enough jewelry made since it has been almost a month since I have sat down at my studio table & gotten anything made.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Visit Us On YoutubeVisit Us On TwitterVisit Us On FacebookVisit Us On InstagramVisit Us On PinterestVisit Us On Linkedin