Repairing The Walls in The Homeschool Classroom

Until the middle of June, our three oldest Nuts shared a bedroom. It was a tight fit, with a set of bunk beds and another bed, bookshelf dressers and all the toys of the three Nuts packed in. After they moved out we started repairing the damage caused by 3 boys and the way they play. There was also some pretty big cracks in the plaster and spots where the plaster actually fell off the wall! It ended up being a much bigger project than we first thought. I didn’t even realize that we never painted the trim around the windows when we replaced the windows and trim in the Fall of 2005! Yeah, there was a lot of things in that room, lol. And I have way more photos than I realized, so I will post them in different phases. I thought that I had a few photos of the Nut’s room before they moved out, but I can’t seem to find one, so you will just have to imagine all the Nuts packed in there.

This is what was behind one of the beds and a toy bin after we moved all the furniture out. It was a little bit smaller, but I don’t remember when the plaster fell off. I think it was a few years ago and we have had furniture in front of it for so long I just forgot. It is one of those things that you look at after remodeling a home for over 7 years and wonder if it will ever end.

After a few hours, that spot ended up looking like this.

A little bit of plaster and this is what you get.

We found another crack in the plaster in the corner. The project gets bigger.

Then there is another crack under the other window.

And then another crack, showed up.

On another wall there was a big part of the wallpaper that has been painted over several time got torn from the wall. E Nut has pleaded guilty to this. Again, I don’t even remember that this wall had wallpaper under all the paint. At one time one of our kitchen walls had painted over wallpaper. It took me a week to scrape it all off. Not really the best idea to paint over wallpaper, I wouldn’t recommend it.

And this is just a fun photo of the train trip around the top of the room ๐Ÿ™‚ And the window that needed the nail holes to be filled and painted.

So there is phase 1 of the Homeschool Classroom repair. What started out as a quick little project, got big quick!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Responses to Repairing The Walls in The Homeschool Classroom

  1. […] Repairing the Walls in the Homeschool Classroom […]

  2. Tricia on October 10, 2010 at 12:39 am

    Rearrangeing the school room and the girls room seems to be an ongoing project around here. We are constantly trying to figure out the best use of the space. ๐Ÿ™‚

    • Hazel Nut on October 10, 2010 at 9:33 am

      I know Tricia! I am always trying to find the best place for my kids things, a definite ongoing project!

Leave a Reply to Tricia Cancel reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.




Visit Us On YoutubeVisit Us On TwitterVisit Us On FacebookVisit Us On InstagramVisit Us On PinterestVisit Us On Linkedin